Cisco WebEx Mobile App
- Join via Cisco WebEx meeting email invite, meeting number, Cisco WebEx site URL, My Meetings List, or Android home screen widget
- Join the meeting before the host
- Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G
- Simple Call-in capabilities pass conference ID and attendee ID automatically
- Full-screen meeting view
- View attendee list
- View shared content with annotations
- Pinch to zoom and scan
- Private or group chat
- Recording indicator
Your company's WebEx Meetings plan will have a certain number of host licenses. Find out if you have host capabilities. If you do, you will have the following capabilities:
- Schedule, start, and cancel a meeting
- Invite others to a meeting
- Make another participant Host
- Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
- Promote/Demote panelists (WebEx Training Center)
- Expel a participant from a meeting
- Recording control (Start/Pause)
- 2-way high-quality, multipoint video with camera switcher on Wi-Fi and 3G/4G
- Voice-activated video switching
- Full-screen video
- View content and video simultaneously
- Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Cloud Hybrid (WBS29.8 required)
- Support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Cloud (WBS29.8 required)
- Wideband audio support
- Support for Third Party Service Provider hybrid audio
- VoIP — Connect using your device's audio system over the Internet
There is no cost to download the Cisco WebEx Meetings for Android app, or to attend any Cisco WebEx meetings you've been invited to join.
Cisco WebEx Meetings for Android has an interface optimized for both tablets and smartphones.
We use WebEx Meetings across our company. What enterprise features does the mobile app have, and can it be used internationally?
- Single sign-on (SSO) is supported for corporate sites
- Enable users to join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
- End-to-end Encryption
- Support for Cisco WebEx VoIP-only meeting sites
- Support for Cisco WebEx Meetings
- Support for Cisco WebEx Training Center
- Support for Cisco WebEx Event Center
- Support for WebEx Enabled TelePresence 2.0
- Support for WebEx Meetings Server 2.0
- Seamless call in on DX 70 & 80 devices
- Install wizard on DX 70 & 80 devices
- Available in 13 languages
Yes, this application works wherever Android devices are supported.
Cisco WebEx Meetings for Android is available in English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish (Latin American and Traditional), Russian, and Dutch. All other device languages will default to English.
Please go to http://support.webex.com/support/support-overview.html.
In general, all Android smartphones and tablets that support the minimum requirements will be able to send and receive video in a WebEx Meeting.
Smartphones with Android OS 4.0 or higher will support Cisco WebEx video. Smartphones with dual core or above processors will be able to send and receive video while single core processors will still be able to receive video.
The following smartphones have been tested and optimized for Cisco WebEx 2-way video:
- Motorola Razr XT928
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- HTC One X
- Google Nexus 4
- Google Nexus 5
Tablets with Android OS 3.0 or higher will support Cisco WebEx 2-way video.
The following tablets have been tested and optimized for Cisco WebEx 2-way video:
- Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650
- Amazon Kindle Fire based on Android 4.x
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD (7", 8.9")
- Dell Streak 10 Pro
- Fujitsu Arrows Tab
- Google Nexus 7"
- Motorola Xoom Xyboard (8.2", 10.1")
- Samsung Galaxy Tab (7.7", 10.1")
- Samsung Google Nexus 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Note 10.1"
- Samsung GT - N8000
- Sony Tablet S 9.4"
- Sony Tablet P
- Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2"
- Samsung Galaxy TabPRO (12.2", 10.1", 8.4")
Devices with Android OS lower than 3.0 do not support Cisco WebEx 2-way video. These devices will still support all other Cisco WebEx Meetings features.
The latest release of the app is version 7.0.
This release adds support for Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) Cloud, allowing you to start and join CMR meetings from your Android device. WebEx Meeting Center Personal Rooms are also supported – you can start and join meetings in Personal Rooms and manage your lobby. Enhancements to the Action and Recording Bars make them easier and more powerful to use. The WebEx Android client is also now accessibility compliant.
Tablet | Phone
No, upgrading is not mandatory. However, upgrading is required for users to take advantage of the new app features listed above. To upgrade, visit Google Play and download the latest version of Cisco WebEx Meetings for Android.
The application runs on Android OS 2.1 (and later) smartphones and OS 3.0 (and later) tablets. The device must also have a Medium (320x240) resolution screen or higher.
Install and Use
As a host, you can easily schedule, start, and invite others to your Cisco WebEx meetings from your device. From the "My Meetings" screen, press the 'Schedule Meeting' icon at the top of the Meeting pane, enter your meeting title, meeting password (optional) and your invitees' email addresses. Choose to start the meeting immediately or schedule for later. If you select to start the meeting immediately, you will join the meeting automatically. If you choose to schedule a meeting for later, you will be prompted to enter the date and time, and then press 'Schedule Meeting'. You will then return to the "My Meetings" screen.
To start a scheduled meeting, select the meeting from the Meeting pane, and then select 'Start Meeting'.
You can join Cisco WebEx meetings using one of the following methods:
- Go to your Cisco WebEx meeting invitation email and click on the "To join this meeting" link.
- Launch the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on your Android device and enter the meeting number.
- Sign in to your Cisco WebEx account on your device and join from your "My Meetings" screen.
- Tap the meeting URL in your calendar.
- View your upcoming meetings on the Cisco WebEx widget available exclusively on Android devices, giving you instant access directly from your Android home screen.
When you join a meeting you will be asked whether you'd like to connect to the audio using VOIP or phone. If you select VOIP, you will be immediately connected to the audio (muted automatically). If you select phone, you will be called back at a number of your choosing if your meeting site has call-back enabled. You will not be muted automatically. If you choose not to use call-back, you can click the info icon to see a list of call-in numbers. If your meeting site does not have call-back enabled, you will be able to call in at the audio prompt (depending on your site configuration).
If you are using a CDMA network, such as Sprint or Verizon, network limitations prevent you from having a voice call and using data services at the same time. In this case, joining the audio portion of the meeting through a voice call means you won't be able to view updates to the participant list or shared presentations. If you have access to Wi-Fi or 4G networks, you may be able to use voice and data services simultaneously. Alternatively, consider using VoIP (if available on your device) to connect to your meeting audio.
If the "Connect Using the Internet" (VoIP) option does not appear for you, then your device is not supported by our VoIP solution at this time. This could happen with older devices with lower performance processors, most new high-end devices support VoIP. You can still join the audio via a regular voice call. Please note that VoIP has been disabled on the original Kindle Fire (based on Android 2.3 and Android 4.x) because the device does not have a system microphone.
VoIP is available on WBS 28, Cisco WebEx Meetings 1.2 and WBS28.9 for Training Center Meetings. Alternatively, work with your administrator to understand your site configuration.
When using the “Connect Using the Internet” (VoIP) audio option, what to do if you hear audio coming from the meeting but no one can hear you
There is a known issue with certain older devices that prevents the Cisco WebEx Meetings app from receiving audio from the device microphone using VoIP. If you experience this audio issue, please join the audio portion of the meeting via a regular voice call.
We do not support Bluetooth headsets at this time. Depending on your device, you may not receive full VoIP support. Bluetooth through the normal phone application is supported by that application.
How to see the video when someone shares a video file from their computer, and you get a message “The content of the presentation is not supported” or “Unsupported format” on your Android device
Mobile devices are unable to receive video files that are uploaded to the meeting at this time. You could try sharing the computer desktop and playing the video file in a small window, but that may result in unrealistic motion or the window may have to be very small.
Select the participant's name from the participant list. From the list, you can choose one individual or all participants to chat with. For individual chat, select the participant you want to chat with, and then enter your message in the dialogue box and hit send. Tap the "Chat with Everyone" button at the bottom of the screen to chat with all attendees, then enter your message in the dialogue box and hit send.
To transition back and forth between the presentation and chat, tap the 'x' button at the top right of the chat window to be returned to the presentation.
You can share your screen on Samsung Galaxy NotePRO and Samsung Galaxy TabPRO devices. This feature is not yet supported on other devices with this release. In addition, if you are the meeting host, you can pass presenter control to a computer user to share content, or a mobile user who’s device supports sharing content. Android devices can join WebEx Event Center sessions as attendees only.
Tap the "Pass the Ball" tip to get detailed instructions, or click on the participant list, select the Cisco WebEx ball, and drag and drop it to the new presenter.
Go to the standard Android settings -> manage applications, and tap on Save to SD Card on the Cisco WebEx application.
What to do if you get a message that the Cisco WebEx site does not support joining from mobile devices
If the site you are trying to join the meeting on is your company site, contact your Cisco WebEx IT administrator to determine whether mobile access can be enabled. In the meantime, please join the meeting from a computer.
- Access meeting details from your "My Meetings" screen for your meetings and meetings you are invited to. Select the meeting to see more details.
Once in the meeting, you can easily access meeting information:
- See who is in your meeting by tapping on the Participants icon at the top of your screen. You can see how participants have joined the meeting with mobile and computer user icons.
- To view meeting information on smartphones, click the overflow menu icon on the top right and choose "Meeting Information". On Tablets, tap on the icon with an "i" symbol in the upper right of the screen. Tap elsewhere on the screen when ready to return to the presentation screen.