Cisco WebEx Mobile App
for iPad & iPhone
- Join the meeting via the WebEx Meetings email invite, the WebEx Meetings site URL, your My Meetings List, or the meeting number
- Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, and LTE
- Full-screen meeting view
- View attendee list
- View shared content with annotations
- Pinch to zoom and scan
- Private or group chat
- Share a file during a meeting (iPad only with WebEx Premium plans)
Your company's WebEx Meetings plan will have a certain number of host licenses. Find out if you have host capabilities. If you do, you will have the following capabilities:
- Schedule, start, or cancel a meeting
- Invite others to a meeting
- Make someone else a host
- Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
- Promote/demote panelists (WebEx Training Center)
- Expel a participant from a meeting
- Two-way, high-quality, multipoint video with camera switcher (iPhone 4 or greater, iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad Mini, and iPad Air)
- Voice-activated video switching
- Full-screen video
- View content and video simultaneously
- VoIP (Connect using your device's audio system over the Internet)
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch when using cellular or Wi-Fi
- VoIP-only attendance is available on WBS 28 or Cisco WebEx Meetings 1.2 or greater
- Join a WebEx Enabled TelePresence meeting
- Wideband audio support for internet calling (VoIP)
WebEx Audio, MeetingPlace audio, Third Party Telephony, and VoIP-only audio are supported (requires T28 and above). WebEx VoIP is not available on TSP WebEx sites. If you do not use integrated WebEx Audio, or the meeting does not have WebEx VoIP enabled, then you will need to manually join the audio conferencing on a phone.
Yes, beginning with version 5.1, WebEx Meetings allows you to sign up for a free WebEx Meetings account, allowing you to host unlimited meetings for up to 3 people. However, you will not be able to upgrade to a Premium account from within the application.
Certain restrictions may apply based on your company's policies and WebEx implementation.
- Preview your video before sending to other participants (iPad only).
- Video window view allows iPad and iPhone participants to view all video-enabled participants (including you); simply swipe left or right to view all others.
- Active Speaker view in which participants can see who is talking, and simultaneously view shared content (simultaneous video and content sharing on iPad only); the Active Speaker picture within a picture frame can be moved around.
- Video conferencing view allows participants to see who is talking in full-screen mode, with a view of themselves as a picture within a picture.
- When viewing video over cellular or mobile data networks, video will be locked in active speaker mode.
- Video is not supported on iPhone 4 or lower.
We use WebEx Meetings across our company. What enterprise features does the mobile app have, and can it be used internationally?
- Enable users to join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
- Single sign-on (SSO) is supported for corporate sites
- Support for Cisco WebEx VoIP-only meeting sites
- Support for end-to-end encryption
- Available in 12 languages
Cisco WebEx Meetings are available on all global App Stores. It is available in English, Traditional and Simple Chinese, Dutch (Netherlands), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, and Russian.
Yes, there is no cost to download the Cisco WebEx mobile app or to attend any meetings that you've been invited to join. However, meeting hosts need to have a current WebEx Meetings subscription to schedule or host a meeting on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Regular data charges still apply; please check with your carrier for more information.
Use a headset to ensure best VoIP quality on the iPad. Please note that VoIP needs to be turned on by the Site Administrator. Additionally, VoIP may not be available in some regions due to country restrictions.
Yes, if you are a licensed host, you can invite people to your meeting from the "My Meetings" screen or via the Participant List after joining your meeting.
Are there any Cisco WebEx Meetings features not currently supported in the native app in version 5.1.1?
- Single sign-on
- Meeting handoff
- WebEx Meetings profile pictures
- Meeting Spaces, comments (can go to mobile browser)
- Ability to record a meeting or playback a recording
- MeetingPlace Audio
Apple iOS 6.0 and above. A Wi-Fi or cellular connection is required.
Portrait view (3 video screens) – 90p for each video
Landscape view (4 video screens) – 90p for each video
Single active speaker – 180p
Full Screen – 360p
Portrait view (Single active speaker) – 90p
Landscape view (4 video screens) – 90p for each video
Full Screen – 180p
The latest release of the app is version 6.0.
Version 6.0 features: The ability to join a meeting before the meeting host, wideband audio support for improved sound quality (requires WBS29.8 or greater), the ability to share files from Google Drive (iPad only), start an instant meeting with "Meet Now". The ability to join a meeting before the meeting host is dependent on site or session settings. iPhone and iPad users can now join a meeting before the host. This is dependent on meeting site or session settings.
iPad | iPhone
No, upgrading is not mandatory, but it is necessary in order to get the new features listed above. To upgrade, visit the App Store and download the latest version of Cisco WebEx Meetings for Apple iOS.
Install and Use
If you have a host license, you can schedule a meeting and invite others to it, and start the meeting from your iPad or iPhone.
- From the "My Meeting" screen, select the '+' icon in the upper right corner of the Meeting Pane.
- Enter your meeting title, date, and time, and choose attendees.
- If the meeting is starting soon, start it from this screen. Select the "Start" button to begin.
- If you are scheduling a meeting for later, tap schedule to return to the "My Meetings" screen.
You can join using one of the following methods:
- Go to your WebEx Meetings invitation email and click on the "To join this meeting" link.
- Launch the WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
- Sign into your WebEx account on your iPad and join from the "My Meetings" screen.
When you join a meeting you will be asked whether you'd like to connect to the audio using VoIP or phone. If you select VoIP, you will be immediately connected to the audio (muted automatically). If you select phone, you will be called back at a number of your choosing, if your meeting site has call back enabled. You will not be muted automatically. If you choose not to use call back, you can click the info icon to see a list of call-in numbers. If your meeting site does not have call back enabled, you will be able to call in at the audio prompt (depending on your site configuration).
If you are using a CDMA network, such as Sprint or Verizon, network limitations prevent you from having a voice call and using data services at the same time. In this case, joining the audio portion of the meeting through a voice call means you won't be able to view updates to the participant list or shared presentations. If you have access to Wi-Fi or 4G networks, you may be able to use voice and data services simultaneously. Alternatively, consider using VoIP (if available on your device) to connect to your meeting audio.
You can use your mobile device's built-in camera to share your video feed with the other meeting attendees.
You can view multiple participants' video feeds simultaneously in multi-channel, high-quality video. Participants sharing their video will show up on your screen. (Participants who are not sharing their video feeds will appear as silhouettes.) Scroll back and forth to see all attendees. With voice-activated switching, you can automatically see who is speaking.
You can also view full-screen video. Just pinch out to enlarge the view. Go back to the presentation by tapping on the screen. Tap on the button above the speaker's video to minimize all video and focus on the presentation.
Tap on the participant icon in the upper right of the screen. From the list, choose one individual or all participants to chat with. Select who you want to chat with and then enter your message in the dialogue box and hit send. If video is being shared, you can chat directly from the video carousel. Tap a participant and choose to chat with that individual or with the entire group.
To transition back and forth between the presentation and chat, tap the cancel button in the chat window to return to the presentation.
With version 4.0 and above, you can share a file during a WebEx meeting from your iPad. Supported file types in version 5.0 include Box and Dropbox files, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), photos from your iPad Camera Roll, and PDFs. Full functionality for content sharing requires WBS28.9+ or WebEx Meetings 1.2 SP7+. This feature applies to WebEx Meeting Center and WebEx Meetings Premium plans. WebEx Meetings users can also share files uploaded to a Meeting Space.
Note: The file sharing feature is not supported on the iPhone. However, you can view content shared from others' computers or iPads. In addition, if you are the meeting host, you can pass presenter control to a computer or iPads user to share content.
Tap on a participant's name to view the expanded list of actions. Tap on "Make Presenter" to pass presenter control.
The VoIP audio connection continues in the background and you will still be able to listen to other participants as well as talk. The self-video will stop, and you will have to resume it if you return to the meeting.
The person hosting the meeting has to enable the video. If video is enabled, then you will see a video control option in your action toolbar, and you can share your video feed.
This may be due to video not being enabled by the host of the meeting.
- Access meeting details from your "My Meetings" screen for your meetings and meetings you are invited to.
- Once in the meeting, you can easily access meeting information:
- See who is in your meeting by tapping on the people icon at the top right of your screen. This is the Participant List. You can see how participants have joined the meeting with mobile, phone, and computer-user icons.
- To view meeting information, tap the "i" symbol. When you are ready to return to the presentation screen, tap the "i" symbol again or tap elsewhere on the screen.