Cisco WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone
Attend your meetings on the go!
Cisco WebEx Meetings is a universal app for both the Apple iPad and iPhone. It services WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx Meetings, WebEx Training Center, and WebEx Meetings Server.
- Join the meeting via: the WebEx Meetings email invite, the WebEx Meetings site URL, your My Meetings List, or the meeting number
- Join the meeting before the host
- Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, and LTE
- Full-screen meeting view
- View attendee list
- View shared content with annotations
- Pinch to zoom and scan
- Private or group chat
- Share a file during a meeting (iPad only, not available for Basic plans)
- Schedule, start, or cancel a meeting
- Start a Meet Now meeting instantly
- Invite others to a meeting
- Make someone else a Host
- Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
- Promote/Demote panelists (WebEx Training Center)
- Expel a participant from a meeting
- Two-way, high-quality, multipoint video with camera switcher (iPhone 4 or greater, iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad Mini and iPad Air)
- Voice-activated video switching
- Full-screen video
- View content and video simultaneously
- VoIP — Connect using your device's audio system over the Internet (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch when using cellular or Wi-Fi (VoIP-only attendance is available on WBS 28 or Cisco WebEx Meetings 1.2 or greater)
- Join a WebEx Enabled TelePresence meeting
- Wideband audio support for internet calling (VoIP)
Global and Enterprise-Ready
- Enable users to join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
- Single sign-on (SSO) is supported for corporate sites
- Support for Cisco WebEx VoIP-only meeting sites
- Support for End to End encryption meeting sites
- TSP Hybrid audio support
- Available in 12 languages
Frequently Asked Questions: WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone
I don't have a WebEx account. How can I try out Cisco WebEx Meetings?
You can sign up for a free account at meetings.webex.com and meet as often as you like!
Is it free to attend a meeting on an iPad or iPhone?
Yes, there is no cost to download the Cisco WebEx app or to attend any meetings that you've been invited to join.
How do I download Cisco WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone?
The app is available on the App Store. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-webex-meetings/id298844386?mt=8
What is the most current version of the Cisco WebEx Meetings app for iPad and iPhone?
The latest release of the app is version 6.0
What's new in version 6.0?
Version 6.0 features: The ability to join a meeting before the meeting host, wideband audio support for improved sound quality (requires WBS29.8 or greater), the ability to share files from Google Drive (iPad only), start an instant meeting with “Meet Now”. The ability to join a meeting before the meeting host is dependent on site or session settings. iPhone and iPad users can now join a meeting before the host. This is dependent on meeting site or session settings.
Is upgrading to version 6.0 mandatory?
No, upgrading is not mandatory but it is necessary in order to get the new features listed above. To upgrade, visit the App Store and download the latest version of Cisco WebEx Meetings for Apple iOS.
What are the system requirements for WebEx Meetings on the iPad and iPhone?
Apple iOS 6.0 and above with an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection is required.
Can I schedule or start a meeting on my iPad or iPhone?
Yes, if you have a host license, you can start an instant meeting or schedule a meeting and invite others to it. Start a scheduled meeting anytime — all from your iPad or iPhone. Training Center meetings must be started from the desktop.
- From the "My Meeting" screen, select the '+' icon in the upper right corner of the Meeting Pane.
- Choose Meet Now to start an instant meeting
- Choose Schedule to set up a meeting for a later time:
- Enter your meeting title, date, and time, and choose attendees.
- If the meeting is starting soon, start it from this screen. Select the "Start" button to begin.
- If you are scheduling a meeting for later, tap schedule and you'll be returned to the My Meetings screen.
How do I join a meeting?
You can join using one of the following methods:
- Go to your WebEx Meetings invitation email and click on the "To join this meeting" link.
- Launch the WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
- Sign in to your WebEx account on your iPad and join from the "My Meetings" screen.
How should I connect to the meeting audio?
When you join a meeting you will be asked whether you'd like to connect to the audio using VOIP or phone. If you select VOIP, you will be immediately connected to the audio (muted automatically). If you select phone, you will be called back at a number of your choosing if your meeting site has call-back enabled. You will not be muted automatically. If you choose not to use call-back, you can click the info icon to see a list of call-in numbers. If your meeting site does not have call-back enabled, you will be able to call in at the audio prompt (depending on your site configuration).
Why does the Cisco WebEx Meetings app stop working when I join the audio call?
If you are using a CDMA network, such as Sprint or Verizon, network limitations prevent you from having a voice call and using data services at the same time. In this case, joining the audio portion of the meeting through a voice call means you won't be able to view updates to the participant list or shared presentations. If you have access to Wi-Fi or 4G networks, you may be able to use voice and data services simultaneously. Alternatively, consider using VoIP (if available on your device) to connect to your meeting audio.
What audio conferencing is supported?
WebEx Audio, MeetingPlace audio, Third Party Provider (Telephony and VoIP), and VoIP-only audio are supported (requires T28 and above). WebEx VoIP is not available on TSP WebEx sites.
If you do not use integrated WebEx Audio or the meeting does not have WebEx VoIP enabled, then you will need to manually join the audio conferencing on a phone.
Are there any special requirements to join the audio conferencing using VoIP?
Use a headset to ensure best VoIP quality on the iPad.
Please note that VoIP needs to be turned on by the Site Administrator. Additionally, VoIP may not be available in some regions due to country restrictions.
Can I host a Training Center meeting from an iPad or iPhone?
Yes, you can host/manage training session from your iPad or iPhone just as you would in a meeting, including the ability to promote attendees to be a panelist. If you are an attendee, you can also be promoted to panelist. As a panelist you can answer questions from the Q&A. As a host in a Training Center Meeting, the ability to start a recording is not enabled.
Can I invite people to my meeting from an iPad or iPhone?
Yes, if you are a licensed host, you can invite people to your meeting from the "My Meetings" screen or via the Participant List after joining your meeting.
Where can I find additional meeting information?
- Access meeting details from your "My Meetings" screen for your meetings and meetings you are invited to.
- Once in the meeting, you can easily access meeting information:
- See who's in your meeting by tapping on the people icon at the top right of your screen. This is the Participant List. You can see how participants have joined the meeting with mobile, phone, and computer-user icons.
- To view meeting information:
- Tap the "i" symbol. When you are ready to return to the presentation screen, tap the "i" symbol again or tap elsewhere on the screen on the iPad, and the "<-" symbol in the top left on the iPhone.
- In a Training Center meeting, tap the “…” in the upper right, then tap the "i info" symbol. When youy are ready to reture to the presention screen, tap elsewhere on the screen on the iPad, and the "<-" symbol in the top left on the iPhone.
Can I allow others to see me during a meeting from the iPad or iPhone?
Yes, you can use your mobile device's built-in camera to share your video with the other meeting attendees.
Can I sign up for an account from within the WebEx Meetings application?
Yes, beginning in version 5.1, WebEx Meetings allows you to sign up for a free WebEx Meetings Basic account allowing you to host unlimited meetings for up to 3 people. However, you will not be able to upgrade to a paid account from within the application.
How can I see others' video feeds on the iPad or iPhone?
You can view multiple participants' video feeds simultaneously in multi-channel, high-quality video. Participants sharing their video will show up on your screen. (Participants who are not sharing their video feeds will appear as silhouettes.) Scroll back and forth to see all attendees. With voice-activated switching you can automatically see who is speaking.
You can also view full-screen video. Just pinch out to enlarge the view. Go back to the presentation by tapping on the screen. Tap on the button above the speaker's video to minimize all video and focus on the presentation.
What is the video resolution on the iPad?
Portrait view (3 video screens) – 90p for each video
Landscape view (4 video screens) – 90p for each video
Single active speaker – 180p
Full Screen - 360p
What is the video resolution on the iPhone?
Portrait view (Single active speaker) – 90p
Landscape view (4 video screens) – 90p for each video
Full Screen - 180p
What are the video capabilities supported in this app?
The following video capabilities are supported:
- Preview your video before sending to other participants (iPad only).
- Video window view allows iPad and iPhone participants to view all video-enabled participants (including you) — simply swipe left or right to view all others.
- Active Speaker view in which participants can see who's talking, and simultaneously view shared content. Simultaneous video and content sharing on iPad only); the Active Speaker picture within a picture frame can be moved around.
- Video-conferencing view allows participants to see who's talking in full-screen mode with a view of themselves as a picture within a picture.
- When viewing video over cellular or mobile data networks, video will be locked in active speaker mode.
- Video is not supported on iPhone 4 or lower.
How can I chat with other participants?
Tap on the participant icon in the upper right of the screen. From the list, choose one individual or all participants to chat with. Select who you want to chat with and then enter your message in the dialogue box and hit send. If video is being shared, you can chat directly from the video carousel. Tap a participant and choose to chat with that individual or with the entire group.
To transition back and forth between the presentation and chat, tap the cancel button in the chat window and be returned to the presentation.
Can I present content from my iPad and iPhone?
You can share a file during a WebEx meeting from your iPad. Supported file types in version 6.0 include Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive files (Google Document, Google Presentation, Google Drawing), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), photos from your iPad Camera Roll, and PDFs. Full functionality for content sharing requires WBS28.9+ or WebEx Meetings 1.2 SP7+. This feature applies to WebEx Meeting Center, Training Center, WebEx Meeting Server (on-Premise) and WebEx Meetings Premium plans. WebEx Meetings users can also share files uploaded to a Meeting Space.
Note: The file sharing feature is not supported on the iPhone. However, you can view content shared.. In addition, if you are the meeting host, you can pass presenter control to a computer or mobile user with a device enabled to share content.
How do I pass presenter control?
Tap on a participant's name to view the expanded list of actions. Tap on "Make Presenter" to pass presenter control.
Is my Cisco WebEx Meetings site iPhone or iPad compatible?
Yes. However, certain restrictions may apply based on your company's policies and WebEx implementation.
Is Cisco WebEx Meetings on the iPad and iPhone available globally?
Cisco WebEx Meetings are available on all global App Stores. It is available in English, Traditional and Simple Chinese, Dutch (Netherlands), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, and Russian.
How much does attending a meeting cost?
There is no cost for an attendee to join meetings on their iPad and iPhone. It's free to download the app from the App Store. However, meeting hosts need to have a current WebEx Meetings subscription to schedule or host a meeting on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Regular data charges still apply; please check with your carrier for more information.
What happens to audio (VoIP) and video when I leave the meeting by pressing the homescreen button?
The audio connection continues in the background and you will still be able to listen to other participants as well as talk. The self-video will stop and you will have to resume it if you return to the meeting.
Why don't I see the video control in my action toolbar?
This may be due to video not being enabled by the host of the meeting.
What Cisco WebEx Meetings (separate from Cisco WebEx Meeting Center) features are currently not supported in the native app?
- Single Sign-On
- Meeting handoff
- WebEx Meetings profile pictures
- Meeting Spaces, comments (can go to mobile browser)
- MeetingPlace Audio
Where can customers get more information on WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone?
Who do I contact for technical support?