Cisco WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone
Attend your meetings on the go!
Enjoy the full meeting experience on your iPad or iPhone with great features like two-way video!
- Join the meeting via: the WebEx Meetings email invite, the WebEx Meetings site URL, your My Meetings List, or the meeting number
- Integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, and LTE
- Full-screen meeting view
- View attendee list
- View shared content with annotations
- Pinch to zoom and scan
- Private or group chat
- Share a file during a meeting (iPad only)
- Schedule, start, or cancel a meeting
- Invite others to a meeting
- Pass presenter capabilities to another participant
Mobile video conferencing (requires Wi-Fi):
- Two-way, high-quality, multipoint video with camera switcher (iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPod Touch 4, 5, iPad 1, 2, 3, 4, iPad Mini)
- Voice-activated video switching
- Full-screen video
- Side-by-side viewing of content and video (iPad only)
- VoIP — Connect using your device's audio system over the Internet (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch when using cellular or Wi-Fi (VoIP-only attendance is available on WBS 28 or Cisco WebEx Meetings 1.2)
Global and Enterprise-Ready
- Enable users to join a meeting from behind the firewall using Wi-Fi proxy support
- Single sign-on (SSO) is supported for corporate sites
- Support for Cisco WebEx VoIP-only meeting sites
- Available in 12 languages
Frequently Asked Questions: WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone
I don't have a WebEx account. How can I try out Cisco WebEx Meetings?
You can sign up for a free account at meetings.webex.com and meet as often as you like!
Is it free to attend a meeting on an iPad or iPhone?
Yes, there is no cost to download the Cisco WebEx app or to attend any meetings that you've been invited to join.
How do I download Cisco WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone?
The app is only available on the App Store. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cisco-webex-meetings/id298844386?mt=8
What is the most current version of the Cisco WebEx Meetings app for iPad and iPhone?
The latest release of the app is version 4.0.
What's new in version 4.0?
Version 4.0 adds the ability to share a file from your iPad during a meeting. Supported file types include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), photos from your iPad Camera Roll, and PDFs. Full functionality for content sharing requires WBS28.9+ or WebEx Meetings 1.2 SP7+. This feature applies to WebEx Meeting Center and WebEx Meetings Premium plans. WebEx Meetings users can also share files uploaded to a Meeting Space.
Version 4.0 also includes Auto Call Me for iPhone, which streamlines joining the audio portion of the meeting for meeting sites that have call-back enabled. From settings, enter in the number you would like to be called at. WebEx will automatically call you at that number every time you join a meeting from your iPhone.
Is upgrading to version 4.0 mandatory?
No, upgrading is not mandatory but it is necessary in order to get the new features listed above. To upgrade, visit the App Store and download the latest version of Cisco WebEx Meetings for Apple iOS.
What are the system requirements for WebEx Meetings on the iPad and iPhone?
Apple iOS 5.0 and above with an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection is required. Wi-Fi is also required for video conferencing.
Can I schedule or start a meeting on my iPad or iPhone?
Yes, if you have a host license, you can schedule a meeting and invite others to it, and start the meeting — all from your iPad or iPhone.
- From the "My Meeting" screen, select the '+' icon in the upper right corner of the
- Enter your meeting title, date, and time, and choose attendees.
- If the meeting is starting soon, start it from this screen. Select the "Start" button to begin.
- If you are scheduling a meeting for later, tap schedule and you'll be returned to the My Meetings screen.
How do I join a meeting?
You can join using one of the following methods:
- Go to your WebEx Meetings invitation email and click on the "To join this meeting" link.
- Launch the WebEx Meetings app on your iPad or iPhone and enter the meeting number.
- Sign in to your WebEx account on your iPad and join from the "My Meetings" screen.
How should I connect to the meeting audio?
When you join a meeting you will be asked whether you'd like to connect to the audio using VOIP or phone. If you select VOIP, you will be immediately connected to the audio (muted automatically). If you select phone, you will be called back at a number of your choosing if your meeting site has call-back enabled. You will not be muted automatically. If you choose not to use call-back, you can click the info icon to see a list of call-in numbers. If your meeting site does not have call-back enabled, you will be able to call in at the audio prompt (depending on your site configuration).
Why does the Cisco WebEx Meetings app stop working when I join the audio call?
If you are using a CDMA network, such as Sprint or Verizon, network limitations prevent you from having a voice call and using data services at the same time. In this case, joining the audio portion of the meeting through a voice call means you won't be able to view updates to the participant list or shared presentations. If you have access to Wi-Fi or 4G networks, you may be able to use voice and data services simultaneously. Alternatively, consider using VoIP (if available on your device) to connect to your meeting audio.
What audio conferencing is supported?
WebEx Audio, MeetingPlace audio, Third Party Telephony and VoIP-only audio are supported (requires T28 and above). WebEx VoIP is not available on TSP WebEx sites.
If you do not use integrated WebEx Audio or the meeting does not have WebEx VoIP enabled, then you will need to manually join the audio conferencing on a phone.
Are there any special requirements to join the audio conferencing using VoIP?
Use a headset to ensure best VoIP quality on the iPad.
Please note that VoIP needs to be turned on by the Site Administrator. Additionally, VoIP may not be available in some regions due to country restrictions.
Can I invite people to my meeting from an iPad or iPhone?
Yes, if you are a licensed host, you can invite people to your meeting from the "My Meetings" screen or via the Participant List after joining your meeting.
Where can I find additional meeting information?
- Access meeting details from your "My Meetings" screen for your meetings and meetings you are invited to.
- Once in the meeting, you can easily access meeting information:
- See who's in your meeting by tapping on the people icon at the top right of your screen. This is the Participant List. You can see how participants have joined the meeting with mobile, phone, and computer-user icons.
- To view meeting information, tap the "i" symbol. When you are ready to return to the presentation screen, tap the "i" symbol again or tap elsewhere on the screen.
Can I allow others to see me during a meeting from the iPad or iPhone?
Yes, you can use a webcam or your computer's built-in camera to share your video with the other meeting attendees.
How can I see others' video feeds on the iPad or iPhone?
You can view multiple participants' video feeds simultaneously in multi-channel, high-quality video. Participants sharing their video will show up on your screen. (Participants who are not sharing their video feeds will appear as silhouettes.) Scroll back and forth to see all attendees. With voice-activated switching you can automatically see who is speaking.
You can also view full-screen video. Just pinch out to enlarge the view. Go back to the presentation by tapping on the screen. Tap on the button above the speaker's video to minimize all video and focus on the presentation.
What is the video resolution on the iPad?
Portrait view (3 video screens) – 90p for each video
Landscape view (4 video screens) – 90p for each video
Single active speaker – 180p
Full Screen - 360p
What is the video resolution on the iPhone?
Portrait view (Single active speaker) – 90p
Landscape view (4 video screens) – 90p for each video
Full Screen - 180p
What are the video capabilities supported in this app?
The following video capabilities are supported:
- Preview your video before sending to other participants (iPad only).
- Video window view allows iPad and iPhone participants to view all video-enabled participants (including you) — simply swipe left or right to view all others.
- Active Speaker view in which participants can see who's talking, and simultaneously view shared content. (simultaneous video and content sharing on iPad only); the Active Speaker picture within a picture frame can be moved around.
- Video-conferencing view allows participants to see who's talking in full-screen mode with a view of themselves as a picture within a picture.
How can I chat with other participants?
Tap on the participant icon in the upper right of the screen. From the list, choose one individual or all participants to chat with. Select who you want to chat with and then enter your message in the dialogue box and hit send. If video is being shared, you can chat directly from the video carousel. Tap a participant and choose to chat with that individual or with the entire group.
To transition back and forth between the presentation and chat, tap the cancel button in the chat window and be returned to the presentation.
Can I present content from my iPad and iPhone?
With version 4.0 you can share a file during a WebEx meeting from your iPad. Supported file types include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), iWork (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), photos from your iPad Camera Roll, and PDFs. Full functionality for content sharing requires WBS28.9+ or WebEx Meetings 1.2 SP7+. This feature applies to WebEx Meeting Center and WebEx Meetings Premium plans. WebEx Meetings users can also share files uploaded to a Meeting Space.
Note: The file sharing feature is not supported on the iPhone. However, you can view content shared from others' computers or iPads. In addition, if you are the meeting host, you can pass presenter control to a computer or iPads user to share content.
How do I pass presenter control?
Tap on the "Pass the Ball" tip to get detailed instructions, or click on the participant list, select the WebEx ball, and drag and drop it to the new presenter. If video is being shared, you can also tap on the participant in the video carousel to pass presenter control.
Is my Cisco WebEx Meetings site iPhone or iPad compatible?
Yes. However, certain restrictions may apply based on your company's policies and
Is Cisco WebEx Meetings on the iPad and iPhone available globally?
Cisco WebEx Meetings are available on all global App Stores. It is available in English, Traditional and Simple Chinese, Dutch (Netherlands), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, and Russian.
How much does attending a meeting cost?
There is no cost for an attendee to join meetings on their iPad and iPhone. It's free to download the app from the App Store. However, meeting hosts need to have a current WebEx Meetings subscription to schedule or host a meeting on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Regular data charges still apply; please check with your carrier for more information.
What happens to audio (VoIP) and video when I leave the meeting by pressing the homescreen button?
The audio connection continues in the background and you will still be able to listen to other participants as well as talk. The self-video will stop and you will have to resume it if you return to the meeting.
Why don't I see the video control in my action toolbar?
This may be due to:
- Video not being enabled by the host of the meeting.
- Lack of Wi-Fi coverage (note that the video feature is not supported on cellular networks).
What Cisco WebEx Meetings (separate from Cisco WebEx Meeting Center) features are currently not supported in the native app?
- Single Sign-On
- Support for Telepresence meetings with WebEx
- Meeting handoff
- WebEx Meetings profile pictures
- Meeting Spaces, comments (can go to mobile browser)
- Ability to record a meeting or playback a recording
- MeetingPlace Audio
Where can customers get more information on WebEx Meetings for iPad and iPhone?
Who do I contact for technical support?