5 Integrated Methods That Will Develop Your Salespeople into a Sales Team
Many companies fail to work on any of the components of sales force development. Some companies see strategy as key and continue to change their strategies when one after another fails. Ironically, the strategies fail only when there isn't alignment and the people can't execute the new strategy. Many companies provide sales training but fail to provide it in the context of the strategies, and before the strategies, sales management, systems and processes have been fortified. Some companies see compensation as the key, failing to provide their people with the skills and tools to take advantage.
In this talk show, Dave and Razi will discuss why true sales force development includes:
- Evaluating your sales force by looking at your people, systems, processes and strategies to uncover sales pain and identify issues that need to be addressed;
- Mapping out an effective sales process and developing the sales management team so they can support the salespeople who must execute the sales strategy and process;
- Using training to develop salespeople who can't yet execute the strategy;
- Targeting non-productive behaviors and activities that must change by using compensation and incentives to reward those behaviors that fit the overall sales strategy; and
- Holding every salesperson accountable for measurable activities and goals, every day of the week.