A Situational Approach to Leadership in the Public Sector
Jim Atwood, The Ken Blanchard Companies’ Director for Government Solutions will show you how Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) one of the world’s most comprehensive, up-to-date, and practical methods improves your ability to effectively manage and develop your people. You’ll learn how increasing the frequency and quality of conversations between leaders and the people they work with increases competence, commitment, and retention of your most talented individuals.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a communication model for all levels of an agency that supports cultural change and a move toward a high performance organization
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to agency objectives and by creating action plans to accomplish those goals
- Increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development between leaders and their direct reports
- Diagnose specifically what an individual needs to succeed on any given task (Development level)
- Recognize and be able to apply the pattern of behaviors (Leadership Style) that meets the needs of any given development level to help individuals succeed on tasks and goals
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how a situational approach to leadership can improve overall performance, effectiveness, and efficiency.