Can Game-Based Learning Improve Learning Impact?
In this session, Dr. Karl Kapp and Bryan Austin will summarize the research supporting learning games. They will differentiate between learning gamification and game-based learning, share the rationale for leveraging games to increase engagement, and provide the business rationale used by organizations to implement game-based corporate learning. Finally, this session will outline research under way to benchmark the performance impact of game-based e-learning versus other modes of training.
At the end of this session, attendees will have a clear idea of where learning games fit in their training strategy and their potential value in improving workforce performance.
- Evaluate training techniques, i.e. game-based learning.
- Develop, select and implement employee training programs to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of employee training programs through the use of metrics.
- Develop and utilize business metrics to measure the achievement of the organization’s strategic and performance goals and objectives.
- Develop qualitative and quantitative methods and tools for analysis, interpretation and decision-making purposes.