Recruiting for Service Excellence — How to Avoid Undermining Your Workplace Culture of Service
Customer loyalty can be worth 10 times as much as a single purchase. Think about the harm caused by recruiting candidates who do not exhibit customer-friendly behaviors. All of the best efforts in creating high workplace standards are only as effective as the employees you hire who fit that culture.
This session will identify key behaviors that recruiters and hiring managers often overlook when recruiting candidates, but that are needed to support service excellence.
- Explore and compare various statements of service excellence from a wide variety of industries.
- Learn from what world-class organizations are doing to recruit candidates who fit their vision of service excellence, including Disney, Baptist Healthcare, GlaxoSmithKline and Starbucks.
- Identify key behaviors recruiters and hiring managers must account for, but often overlook.
- Look at data points that reinforce how behavioral screenings support better workplace outcomes for superior employee performance.
- Provide action steps to align recruitment pre-screening with service excellence vision and goal statements.
The presentation will explore real-life examples of service excellence by leveraging multimedia and examples of expert works from relevant research. For example, a video of a Southwest flight attendant demonstrating his commitment to customers will be played, inviting participation from everyone in analyzing that video through an active conversation. Key knowledge points from several prominent books will be dissected and discussed for direct application to each attendee’s employer.