Importing and exporting users
You can easily import a large number of users from a comma separated values (CSV) file into your Cisco WebEx Messenger organization. Similarly, you can export your users to a CSV file. Importing is a useful way of painlessly adding a large number of users to your organization thereby saving the effort of manually adding each user.
Note: Use an UTF-8 or UTF-16LE Encoded spreadsheet for optimal results.
To import users from a CSV file:
- In the Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration Tool, select the User tab.
- Slect More Actions and select Import/Export to open the Import/Export Users dialog box.
You can import/export a large number of users from a comma separated values (CSV) file into your Cisco WebEx Messenger organization.
- Select Browse and select the CSV file that contains the list of users you want to import.
- Select Import to begin the import process.
After the import is complete, the Organization Administrator who initiated the import will receive an email with the status of the import. The email states whether the import was a success, failure, or terminated.
The CSV file is imported and the users appear in the User tab. For more information on CSV file format and a sample file, see CSV File Format.
- To export users in your Cisco WebEx Messenger organization, select Export in the Import/Export User dialog box. A progress message indicates that the progress of the export process. A success message indicates that your users have been successfully exported.
- To view the CSV file that contains the exported users, select the time stamp of the export message. A confirmation prompt appears.The message resembles the following example:
Last export: 2009-06-24 09:02:01.
- At the confirmation prompt, select Open to view the CSV file containing your Messenger organization's users. Alternatively, select Save to save the CSV file to your local computer.