Viewing top level, parent, and child groups
An Organization Administrator can organize groups in a hierarchical manner by creating parent and child groups. The topmost group in the groups hierarchy is always the top-level group created when your Cisco WebEx Messenger organization was provisioned. You cannot create another parent group above the top-level group. You can create any number of parent and child groups under this top-level group.
A parent group can also be a child group and vice versa.
To view top-level, parent and child groups:
- Sign in to the Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration Tool.
- Select the Group tab to open the Group screen.
- In the Search field, enter at least one letter of the group whose parent or child groups you want to view.
- Select Search to view the list of groups that match your search term.
- Select the group and select More Actions.
- From the the More Actions list, select one of the following as required:
- View Group Users: to view the list of users belonging to the selected group. Note that the list of users is displayed in the User screen under the User tab.
- Top Level Group: to view the top level group of the selected group. The top level group is always the group created when your Cisco WebEx Messenger organization was provisioned.
- View Child Groups: to view the child groups of the selected group.
- View Parent Group: to view the parent group of the selected group.