Transforming Job Descriptions From Tactical to Strategic
In this discussion Melissa Tessendorf will talk about best practices for creating and maintaining job descriptions and how job competencies can provide a more strategic overall approach.
This session will cover:
- Best practices for writing job descriptions.
- Who should be responsible for initiating the process and who should do the writing?
- The differences between recruitment-focused job descriptions and job descriptions for HR.
- How to avoid common job description writing mistakes.
- Why critical competencies should be incorporated into the job description.
- How the entire organization can benefit from a job descriptions enhanced with critical competencies.
- How technology can assist.