Frequently Asked Questions
How is Cisco Webex responding to global circumstances resulting from COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
It’s our priority to enable people to work from anywhere (including home), anytime, and on any device, so they stay connected with their teams and can continue their business operations. As the market leader, we’re making this happen in multiple ways.
For individuals and small businesses that need an immediate solution to enable remote working, we are providing expanded capabilities on our Free Personal Account and discounted Starter, Plus, and Business plans.
For organizations and businesses looking to provide host meeting accounts to employees and require centralized administrative management and reporting capabilities, we are providing free 90-day licenses to businesses who are new Webex customers in this time of need through our partners and the Cisco sales team.
- If you don't have a partner, click here to find one
- To contact Cisco Sales direct, email email@example.com or call 1-866-863-3911
What if I’m already a Webex customer?
We’re helping existing customers meet their rapidly changing needs as they enable a much larger number of remote workers by expanding their usage at no additional cost.
- For existing free accounts looking to expand, view the full offer details and eligible countries
- For existing paid online (Starter, Plus, or Business) accounts, you can manage your account online or contact us
- For existing Enterprise accounts, please contact your CSM or the Sales team
- For existing Partner-managed account, please contact your Partner
I need to make my live event a virtual one. Help!
Whether you expect 500 or 5,000 event participants, we’re here to help. Cisco and Vbrick are teaming up to offer free live streaming to companies looking to transition their in-person event to an engaging online event.
What can I expect from Webex Meetings vs. Teams?
The free offer includes Webex Meetings (with enhanced features) and Webex Teams—helping you bring meetings to the way you work, not the other way around. Learn about what you can do with each and find quick start guides on the Webex Essentials page.
How fast should my network connection be for video meetings?
For the latest information regarding bandwidth requirements, and information on system requirements and supported cameras, see our minimum bandwidth requirements article.
How can I improve my Webex experience at home?
If you have low bandwidth or a poor internet connection, it can impact your Webex experience. You’ll see a notification on-screen to let you know. Here are some tips on working with low bandwidth.
If Webex still isn’t working as expected, you can run the Network Test Tool to troubleshoot your connectivity issues or visit the Global Service Status page for updates on service delivery.
What materials do you have that can help my organization quickly deploy and adapt to remote work?
Webex can help keep your team connected on any device, enabling you to keep work moving from anywhere.
- Overall COVID 19 Resource Page: https://www.webex.com/covid19.html
- Rapid Deployment of Remote Work for IT Admins: https://www.webex.com/webexcovid19.html
- Webex Remote Work for End Users: https://www.webex.com/webexremotework.html
- Webex Remote Work Essentials: https://www.webex.com/webexremoteessentials.html
- Business Continuity for IT Admins: https://www.webex.com/business-continuity/business-continuity-it-admin.html
- Business Continuity for End-Users: https://www.webex.com/business-continuity/business-continuity-end-user.html
- Webex Virtual Healthcare: https://www.webex.com/webexremotehealth.html
- Webex Virtual Learning: https://www.webex.com/webexremoteedu.html
I work in education. How can I get started with distance learning or teleschool?
Your best resource for a smooth transition to virtual learning is our education microsite. You’ll find content to support teachers and faculty who are teaching remotely, student and parent guides, and resources for IT to rapidly plan, deploy, and onboard users.
I work in healthcare. How can I transition to virtual healthcare?
Our healthcare microsite is the best resource to help you manage the change - from getting your clinicians, care team, patients and families comfortable with virtual consults, to guidance for IT on rapid deployment considerations.
What if I’m in another industry?
As we work on COVID-specific resources for additional industries, here are other resources for transitioning to remote work quickly in other industry segments:
What capacity can your platform handle?
Our team is working around the clock to ensure your business needs are met. Cisco is continually improving our worldwide connectivity by working with carriers to assist with last-mile connectivity to reduce latency between our end-users and the Webex cloud.
I’m concerned about keeping my business secure. How can Webex help?
Businesses, government agencies, and institutions across healthcare, finance, and education worldwide rely on Webex to simplify business processes and improve results for sales, marketing, training, project management, and support teams. Webex provides a secure environment with the ability to be an open place to collaborate. Understanding the security features as site administrators and end users can allow you to tailor your Webex site to your business needs.
For additional information, don’t miss:
I have a question not answered here. Who can I chat with?
We’re here for you—there are several ways to get support with rapid remote deployment, supporting remote teams, and everything else Webex has to offer:
- Connect with the broader Webex Community on our dedicated COVID-19 discussion thread
- Learn from a Webex expert at one of our upcoming online classes
- Chat, call, or open a case with support
- If you have a Partner or CSM-aligned account, reach out to them for hands-on support
We’ll continue to update these FAQs to best support you and your teams during this unprecedented time. As always, you can visit help.webex.com for more guides, classes, and connect with the global Webex community.